Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The little things.

When I am having a super bad day, and I lay face down on my bed and I'm finding it hard to not break down and cry. I feel like the last thread that has been holding me together has all but frayed away.... I am reminded just how lucky I am.

Today I was having one of those moments. I have been so sick, and tired and sooo stressed out and I couldn't find any work clothes (that was the stupidest straw to break the camels back). I was laying on my bed pouting and Emma came in and saw me in this not so flattering moment and ran out. I remember thinking to myself "well that's just great" and buried my face in the pillow. Just then I feel myself being covered by a blanket. And a pillow being placed next to me, and Emma patting me on the arm.

My little girl was comforting me. And that's not the first time.
Ever since she was a baby anytime she got hurt and started to cry I would hold her chin and say "look at me, Look at me" to get her to focus on something other then being hurt. When she was.. I'd guess 2 years old I started to cry and Emma ran over and grabbed my chin and said "look at me, look at me" and wiped away my tears.

I don't want you to think that I cry in front on my children all the time. I actually try to not show them when I am sad or mad, they don't need to see their mommy anything but happy. But those are the moments that bring me back and make me realize just how truly lucky I am to have these little girls.

Sophia, in just the 5 months she has been in my arms, has brought so much joy to our home. She has eyes that sparkle like the stars and a smile that takes your breath away.
All she has to do is spot me walking toward her and she starts to smile, and that makes me smile...it melts my heart.

It's just the little things these girls do that make my life worth living and reminds what my true purpose is.

Emma and Sophia, you are my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment